The Complete Library Of Tech-Voc Resources For Filipino Students
Apr 04, 2019
By : Karl Nicole Nucum
The Technical-Vocational (tech-voc) education is a kind of non-formal education in the Philippines. Through tech-voc courses, you can learn practical skills and knowledge that will prepare you for future employment. But unlike the four-year bachelor’s degree, you can finish a tech-voc course anywhere between six months to two years!
In recent years, more and more Filipinos have been taking technical-vocational courses. Still confused about this type of education? Don’t worry, let’s answer some of your most common questions about tech-voc:
Technical-Vocational education is available in various fields such as skilled trades, computer technology, and office management. Tech-voc courses provide job-focused training for different careers. These programs give you a chance to earn certificates you can use for employment. There are many Philippine institutions that offer tech-voc courses. Some public schools even provide training to qualified students for free.
The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) ensures the quality of all tech-voc programs in the country. TESDA also conducts the National Competency Assessment and Certification of tech-voc graduates.
Confused between TESDA and TVL? Here’s a quick round-up of facts about these two terms.
One of the advantages of taking tech-voc courses is getting hands-on experiences that are relevant to your career. Aside from the job-ready skills, here are more reasons to take a tech-voc course now:
- There’s a high demand for tech-voc graduates in various industries.
- The schedule of tech-voc programs are flexible. You can also complete your course for a shorter duration.
- Applying for a tech-voc program is easy. Some institutions even allow online application!
A TESDA National Certificate serves as proof that you’ve passed and satisfied all the skills needed for your chosen course. The certificate is valid for five years and can be renewed, provided that you take another competency assessment. You can even present your TESDA National Certificate during your job applications. If you’re planning to take a TESDA skills assessment, here’s a sample list of the assessment fees.
With a National Certificate, you can have the chance to land one of these high-paying jobs:
- Legal Services – P27,355
- Public Relations / Communications – P24,675
- Journalist / Editor / Foreign Language Translators – P22,446
- Advertising / Media Planning – P22,436
- Training and Development – P22,371
- Information Technology (IT) – P21,947
- Human Resources – P21,462
- Marketing / Business Development – P21,216
- Customer-Service Related – P20,340
- Quality Control / Assurance – P20,333
Are you a TESDA graduate? Read these career preparation tips.
How do I enroll in a tech-voc course?
Starting a tech-voc course is easy! Here’s a step-by-step guide for the TESDA application:
Step 1: Go to your nearest TESDA Accredited Training Training Center.
Step 2: Check the training availability of your course.
Step 3: Take the assessment test depending on your tech-voc course.
Step 4: Prepare and submit all the required documents.
Step 5: Wait for the notification about the start of your training program.
Are you planning to earn a TESDA National Certificate? Here’s how you can apply for a TESDA assessment test.
What are the available tech-voc courses for Filipino students?
Did you know there are over 200 tech-voc courses that you can take? Here’s a list of some of the TESDA programs that you can try:
- Basic Computer Operations
- Web Development using HTML5 and CSS3
- Software Development Fundamentals
- C# Fundamentals for Beginners
- English Proficiency for Customer Service Workers
- Basic Spanish Language
- Basic Japanese Language (Nihongo) and Culture
- Basic Chinese Language (Mandarin) and Culture
- Basic Arabic Language and Saudi / Gulf Culture
- Financial Management
- Food and Beverage Services
- Trainers Methodology
Take care of your mental health
5 Happy Items For Your Daily Grind
Reasons why we should pay attention to the importance of Mental Health, Now more than ever
Live S.T.R.O.N.G: A Student’s Guide To Life
5 Things That Video Games Can Teach Us About Goal-Setting
AGREE TO DISAGREE: How to Play Nice on Social Media
Build Your Dream Home, Find Your Dream Program
Confident Me: The Toolkit
How Advertising Can Affect Our Confidence
New Year? 3 Tips for A New Life Without Burnout
Asking For A Friend: Bakit ka dinidisiplina?
Fine or Sign: Can you catch clues of child exploitation online?
Do You Know Who Your Social Media Friends Are?
Explore new paths
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Let us help you achieve your dream job by matching you with the right schools.