Baguio Central University (BCU)
is a private educational institution in Baguio City
. It started out in 1945 as a vocational school named Centro Academy. Four years later, the secondary school department opened, and the academy was renamed to Centro Industrial School. Starting in 1951, the school began offering degree courses in the undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate levels. The school underwent two more name changes—Eastern Philippine Colleges and Lyceum of Baguio—before it became the Baguio Central University.
At present, the university has three campuses: the Bonifacio Campus
, the Magsaysay Campus
, and the P. Burgos Campus
. The Bonifacio Campus, along Bonifacio Street, houses the Colleges of Business Administration, Engineering, and Hospitality and Tourism Management.
The Magsaysay Campus, along Magsaysay Avenue, is where the Colleges of Teacher Education, Liberal Arts, and Criminal Justice Education
are found. Lastly, at the P. Burgos Campus, along Lower P. Burgos St., are the Colleges of Nursing and School of Midwifery
. The P. Burgos Campus also caters to the basic education students, including the Senior High School (SHS), which currently offers strands from the Academic
and the Technical-Vocational-Livelihood (TVL)