|Guaranteed ATAR||70 This is the ATAR level at which an offer of admission is guaranteed, subject to any other non-ATAR criteria being met.|
|Location||Bentley or Sarawak This course may not be offered at all locations every year. Please contact us for more information on availability.|
|Study method||Full-time or part-time|
|Intake||February or July|
|Duration||3 years full-time|
Public Relations (PR) is about managing communications, reputation, perceptions and relationships for organisation. It means attracting and retaining the support of customers, employees, investors, communities and other groups critical to a business’s success.
PR professionals work in a wide variety of organisations and industries. They may provide advice to management and decision-makers at the highest level and work closely with the media.
This major can teach you:
• how to plan, develop, implement and evaluate communication strategies that present an organisation in the best light
• promote effective information flow within and outside of that organisation
• become the voice for your organisation
• prepare you for engagement with stakeholders
• prepare you for being involved in primary decision-making
• the skills to undertake a major communications role.
In your final semester you will be given the opportunity to gain hands on experience by pitching an idea to an organisation. In previous years these organisations have included Surf Life Saving WA, Playgroup Australia and the Fremantle Dockers.
This stream can be taken as part of Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication).
2018 intakes for Curtin Bentley
2018 intakes for Curtin Malaysia (Sarawak) (Corporate Screen Production, Journalism, Marketing and Public relations streams only)