A three-year PhD scholarship is available for an outstanding candidate to conduct research on an ARC Discovery Project: Smart transformation of transport asset management through semantic web. This project aims to develop a novel asset management information model to improve the overall effectiveness of decision making in transport asset management. The project intends to provide logical formalisms and semantic features to value-adding asset information in key asset management areas. The expected outcome will be a new value-based asset management information model which provides semantically enriched asset information for decision-making concerning transport asset management. This will help reduce the cost, duration and effort required to acquire relevant asset information and improve the quality and data availability of current transport asset management systems.
• Meet the standard PhD course entry requirements for Curtin University.
• BEng (Hons), BSc (Hons) or MSc (preferred) in one of civil engineering, construction management or project management.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct scientific research through either refereed journal publications or excellent project marks
• Strong oral and written communication skills (min. IELTS total band of 6.5 and min. Writing 7.0; Speaking 6.0; Reading 7.0; Listening 6.5)
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to meet deadlines during the course of the project.
• Academic professional referees and/or previous supervisors’ contact details.
Open to All Nationalities
Specific courses only
Please email Associate Professor Peng Wu ([email protected]) an expression of interest with:
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts
- A brief cover letter explaining your skills and experience to demonstrate your suitability.