This class is appropriate for those who are new to design generally or those who have basic knowledge
and are willing to raising the bar on what they know already. This syllabus is subject to change as necessary
during the quarter. If a change occurs, it will be thoroughly addressed during class. Upon successful
completion of this course, students will be expected to
1. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the elements of graphic design.
2. Understand and communicate in the language of graphic design.
3. Use of software such as Illustrator, Photoshop and the Internet.
4. Students will learn to solve problems using critical thinking.
5. Approach briefs from the real world perpective.
At the end of this course you will have learned how to explore and investigate visual representation
through a range of image-making techniques; have understand basic principles of working with shape,
color and pattern; been exposed to the language and skills of typography; You will have a core set of
graphic design skills that you can apply to your own projects.
Over 350 schools waiting for you. Apply now — it's free