The program is designed to develop the essential skills in hotel and restaurant management. Students develop proficiency in front and back of the house of the hotel industry, as well as learning sales and marketing, accounting, property management systems, communications. Restaurant management, food and beverage control is also part of the curriculum.
To fulfill this goal, the School of Hotel & Restaurant and Tourism Management strives to perform the following:
- Maximization of academic potentials of its students and faculty members by giving the respect and highest regard to the existence of a multi-cultural environment.
- Magnify the scholarship and academic horizon of students for analytical and creative attitudes towards human growth and development.
- Advocating the students to participate in the promotion and expansion of socio-cultural education in both local and international concern.
- Rendering the capacity of the students for service by enhancing world peace.
- Stipulation of research culture to better equip the students with extra skills and opportunity to appreciate indigenous and foreign culture;
- Wholesome community project-involvement; and
- Periodic training through meetings, talks, seminars, workshops, and other related activities for future highly ethical Entrepreneurs and Managers.
Our graduates of IHM will be geared to be in various departments in the Hospitality industry such as Food & Beverage, Front Desk, Culinary, Events Planner and Operations. In addition, our graduates will be able to manage the different components of the organization such as Sales, Marketing, Human Resource, and Finance. Those students who have completed the Tourism program will be able to learn about the travel and airline business.
- Hotels (Deluxe, First Class, Standard, Economy)
- Restaurants (Fine-dining, Semi-Casual, Theme Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Bars),
- Cruise Lines
- Academe & Culinary Schools and other fields which are Hospitality Related.
- Foodservice Facilities - Bartender, Barista, Food Attendant, Cashier, Receptionist, Management-Trainee, Shift/Dining Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Store Manager, Area Manager, Quality Assurance Auditor
- Kitchen Brigade - Chef, Sous Chef, Chef de Partie
- Lodging Facilities - Concierge/Front Desk/Housekeeping Staff / Manager, Banquet Coordinator, F&B Manager/Director, Resident Manager
- Foodservice and Lodging Business - Catering, Bakeshop, Restaurants, Bar, Spa
- Other Hospitality - Related - Ground/Flight Stewardess, Tour Agent/Coordinator, Professor/Instructor/Consultant
One of the few schools that provides PACUCOA Level II Accredited BSHRM program