Computer Engineering program centers on the learner’s acquisition of knowledge and development of skills in computer systems design, communications, and information technology. The program aids to foster the excellent command on designing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and integrating computer hardware and software, and understanding their interdependence. Thus, the program fundamentally fortifies mastery on computer engineering, its applications, and its primal concepts to qualify learners to meet the local and global standards.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates of computer engineering program will have the technical skills and professional qualifications to become competent engineers who can support the industry, academe, or government.
- Graduates of computer engineering program will be collaborators and innovators in the field, leading or participating in efforts to address social, technical, ethical and business challenges.
- Graduates of computer engineering program will be engaged in life-long learning and professional development.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering program are expected to demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering;
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data;
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability;
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams;
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems;
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility;
- An ability to communicate effectively;
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context;
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning;
- A knowledge of contemporary issues;
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice; and
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Computer and Information Systems Manager
Computer Software Engineer
Computer System Analyst
Software Application Developer
Software Systems Developer
System Administrator and Engineer