Undergraduate Freshman Students
High School graduates seeking admission to degree and non-degree education must pass the MSU-SASE administered by the Mindanao State University Center for University Testing and Institutional Research, Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, Mindanao State University, Marawi City. Applicants qualified for admission must present/bring the following requirements upon registration:
Undergraduate Transfer Students
- Original and one (1) photocopy of Form 138 (High School Card);
- Original and one (1) photocopy of MSU-SASE Report of Rating;
- Original and one (1) photocopy of Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by an official of the school previously attended;
- Authenticated Copy of Birth Certificate from NSO (to be returned), and 1 photocopy of it;
- Six (6) copies of ID pictures 1”x1” and one (1) 2”x2” size bust picture (recent and un-retouched);
- Latest income tax return of the parents with one (1) photocopy of it (optional);
- Certification from the principal if graduated as valedictorian or salutatorian in a school with at least sixty (60) graduates;
- One (1) piece long brown envelope;
- One (1) piece long white folder;
- For MSU employees dependent: Certification from HRMO;
- For scholarships other than the MSU granted: Notice of Scholarship Award issued by sponsoring agency (i.e. DOST, CHED, etc.).
Transferees from within the MSU System can be automatically admitted if his/her SASE rating is above 90 (taken not more than 3 years ago); carried a minimum load of 18 units during the past semester; and no grade of INC or FAILURE.
Transferees from other schools who have earned at least 30 units are preferred provided that 75% of the units enrolled in the previous school are PASSED, with a GPA of at least 2.50 or better.
Requirements to be presented during enrolment:
- Report of Rating (MSU SASE);
- Transfer Credential/ Honorable Dismissal;
- Duly accomplished Program Slot Availability Certificate (PSAC)*;
- Birth Certificate from NSO;
- Two (2) copies ID pictures 1”x 1”;
- One (1) copy ID picture 2”x2”;
- One (1) piece long brown envelope;
- One (1) piece long white folder; and
- HRMO-issued certification of dependency (if dependent), or Notice of Award issued by sponsoring agency (if scholar).
PSAC forms are issued by the Office of Admissions and Scholarship Administration (OASA).
International Undergraduate/Graduate Students
Foreign students may be admitted provided that they meet the requirements from the Commission on Higher Education
and from the Institute. All documents and other requirements must be received by the Office of the Registrar/Admissions at least one month before the start of registration. The requirements are as follows:
- Duly Accomplished Application Form for foreign students:
- Admission Form AFS-2007; and
- Letter of Application.
- Authenticated Transcript of Records (or Scholastic Records);
- Personal History Statement;
- Affidavit of Support;
- Institutional Requirements:
- TOEFL or Certificate of English Proficiency for students coming from countries where English is not their medium of instruction;
- Police Clearance issued by the country where the student came from (Certificate of Good Moral Character (CGMC) by the school principal or guidance counselor);
- Php150.00 Testing Fee; and
- Two (2) copies ID picture 1”x1”.
- Notice of Acceptance (from IIT Admissions Office);
- Student Visa (Foreign Service Post);
- Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR)*
- Certificate of Residence for Temporary Students (CRTS)*
These are secured from the Bureau of Immigration, Manila.
Students who are not Filipino citizens nor permanent residents of the Philippines who wish to apply for Admission to MSU-IIT must apply with the Office of the Admissions.
In addition to the basic admission requirements established by the Institute, foreign students must:
- Provide evidence of English proficiency in the form of at least minimum passing score in TOEFL or other English proficiency test. In the case of a student seeking admission to the School of Graduate Studies but whose English proficiency is low, he/she will be advised to satisfy the English proficiency requirements before the studenct can be admitted as a regular student to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Complete the sequence of preparatory studies required for university admission
- Request that each school they attended mail their academic records or transcript directly to the Registrar's Office. Transcripts must include the dates of attendance, level of study, list of subjects, studies and grades obtained, rank in class when possible, and the grading system used. Reports of examinations taken and a final average should be included. All these records must be official documents. Only certified copies or the originals will be accepted for review. These official documents must have an official seal and signed in ink by the appropriate official from the institution(s), such as the registrar. If the school(s) is unable to mail the original official documents, exact copies certified by an appropriate official from the institution may be sent.
- Include an official English translation for documents that are written in another language. Transfer credits are awarded at the Institute's discretion. Be informed that all documents received become a part of the permanent student records at the MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology and cannot be released.
- Pay all tuition and fees in full at the time of enrolment. Payment must be made in full in US dollars or equivalent. Student must also pay the following items:
- Application Fee of $25 for graduate students $15 for undergraduate student
- Tuition and other miscellaneous fees set by the Institute for all students. These fees vary by course enrolled in.
- Alien student fee per semester:
- Non-resident: $500
- Resident: $250