1. He/she must come from an indigent family. The monthly income of the family will be considered, along with the size of the family. Priorities will be given to those who are orphaned, has sick family member, and/or suddenly lost the breadwinner of the family;
2. He/she must have an average of 2.25 or its equivalent from the latest semester if applicant is already in college, and 80% General Average if applicant just graduated from high school.
3. He/she must not be a recipient of any other scholarship grant.
The scholarship shall cover matriculation and tuition fees. The grantor shall also provide financial assistance for transportation, meal, books and project expenses, given that they have met the requirements and deadlines set by the grantor in requesting for funds. Amount and kind of assistance may vary depending on the needs of the scholars and result of evaluation and investigation conducted by the grantor.
Strictly for Filipinos only
1. He/she should have undergone and passed the Screening Procedures set by the Scholarship Committee of the grantor.
2. He/she must maintain an average of 2.25 or its equivalent every semester. There should be no failing grades especially on major subjects. Dropping will not be allowed.
3. He/she should remain single during the entire course of his/her studies.
4. He/she must attend the Values Enhancement Seminar conducted once a month. He/she must present proof for excuses in case of absence (e.g. medical certificate, etc.)
5. He/she must comply with the required 8 hours of participation with Tzu Chi Projects per semester (Recycling and other Outreach activities).
6. He/she must do a book review and submit a book report every semester. The grantor shall be the one to recommend the book to be reviewed.