Security Bank Foundation Scholars for Better Communities Scholarship Program aims to provide educational assistance to underprivileged but deserving students studying in Security Bank Foundation partner schools. Security Bank Foundation funds the scholarship while partner schools help in the screening and selection of applicants as well as monitoring the performance of the scholars.
Each scholar is entitled to the following benefits per academic year until he/she finishes his/her tertiary course.
- Php 100,000 - stipend for school-related expenses
Security Bank Foundation Partner Schools
- Php 100,000 - maximum actual cost of tuition fee
- Php 50,000 - stipend for school-related expenses
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- De La Salle University - Manila
- Far Eastern University - Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- University of the Philippines - Diliman
- University of Santo Tomas
Scholarship slots shall be offered to college students taking up courses directly supporting the Bank’s operations such as Accountancy, Business, Industrial Engineering, Management, Finance, Information Technology and Computer Studies, Mathematics, Statistics Communications and Social Sciences
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship assistance commences on the first year of the tertiary/ technical vocational course and continues until graduation from the same course.
- The scholar must be enrolled for at least the minimum number of units/load required by the school for each school year.
- Scholars are required to maintain at least 86% general weighted average and at least 80% per subject grade by the end of the term (semester/trimester).
Scholars are required to renew their scholarship every school term (i.e. semester/trimester). The following documents must be submitted for renewal:
- Renewal Form
- Certificate of Enrolment/Registration Form for the next school term
- Report Card/Transcript of Records indicating general weighted average for the previous school term
- Good moral certificate from the school/ university
- Assessment of fees
- Updated grading system from school/ university
A scholar may be terminated from the scholarship upon commission of any of the following grounds:
- Failure to meet general weighted average
- Deferment of enrolment in a school year (except for poor health)
- Transfer to another school or course
- Violation of school policies during the availment of the grant
- Availment of another scholarship