Applicants must fulfill ONE of the following conditions at the time of application.
- 1.Applicants who have graduated or are scheduled to graduate from a university.
- 2.Applicants who have completed or are scheduled to complete a 16-year standard education curriculum outside Japan.
- 3.Applicants who have completed a 15-year standard education curriculum outside Japan and academic achievement are determined to be outstanding by the University.
- 4.Applicants who are 22 years of age and have been individually screened by the graduate school to have the academic ability of a university graduate or higher.
*If you have other educational qualifications, please send your inquiries to the Admissions Office
As English is the language of instruction in all graduate classes at APU, applicants must possess the ability to comprehend lectures, undertake independent research and produce well written reports in English.
TOEFL® iBT Test: 80
TOEFL® PBT Test: 550
TOEIC® Test: 780
PTE Academic: 50
GSM (MBA) Applicants ONLY
*The following are exempt from having to provide scores proving English proficiency, but clear documented proof must be included with the application. Proof may be in the form of an official letter from the institution or any other official document such as a transcript indicating the language of instruction.
- Applicants who can certify that they have graduated or are scheduled to graduate from a bachelor's course offered in English.
- Applicants who can certify that they have been educated exclusively in English for at least six years of their formal education from high school level or above.
- Applicants from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Applicants must have solid full time work experience of at least three years
, preferably related to your desired major
Items to be Submitted
- Graduate School Application Form
- Personal Statement
- Research Proposal / Study Plan
- Certificate of Eligibility / Resident Status Questionnaire
- Proof of Application Fee Payment
- University Graduation Certificate(s) / Certificate of Scheduled Graduation
- Academic Transcripts
- Documents Proving English Proficiency
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Passport Copy*
- Two Identical Photograph
Additional Documents for Submission (if applicable)
How to Apply
- APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship Application
- GMAT® Results
- GRE® Results
- Certificates of Employment
- Certificate of Residence and Copy of Alien Registration or Resident Card
- Certification of scholarships received from organizations other than APU
For further details, please visit our 2020 Application Handbook
or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org