Want to update information about this school? Click here.
San Jose Christian College (SJCC) started as a dream from across the seas by the Avecilla family, led by Dr. Alfonso G. Avecilla and Mrs. Angeles M. Avecilla, and prominent members of the Maglaya, Mangaser, Unciano, and other families. With their vision of love and service to the young people of the Philippines whose educational pursuit had either been cut or stifled by the Japanese occupation, the families banded together to establish an academic institution called San Jose Colleges (SJC) in the former Municipality of San Jose (now San Jose City) in the province of Nueva Ecija. The inaugural school year took place in 1946-1947. Dr. Avecilla served as president of the college for almost twenty years, while Mrs. Avecilla served as counselor, teacher, and school treasurer.
The school was originally housed in a rented two-story building along Sto. Domingo Street. As enrollment increased, a three-story semi-permanent school building was constructed across the street from the original location. In the early 1960s, a six-hectare lot on Sto. Nino 1st was purchased as the new campus location for the school. (Photos are provided courtesy of the Avecilla family.)