What does University of the Immaculate Conception stand for?
What does University of the Immaculate Conception (UIC) stand for?
The University of the Immaculate Conception (UIC), the first Catholic school in Davao City, has crossed the centennial threshold as an educational institution. Founded in 1905 by the Religious of the Virgin Mary (RVM) as the St. Peter Parochial School, it initially offered only primary and intermediate courses. In 1934, the school opened a secondary department and assumed the name Immaculate Conception Academy, and with the first batch of high school graduates in 1938, it was renamed the Immaculate Conception Institute. In 1948, the school was re-named Immaculate Conception College (ICC) which then offered initial two collegiate courses namely: Collegiate Secretarial and Pharmacy. Through the years, additional college, graduate and post-graduate programs were offered.
Today, UIC is on three campuses, the Fr. Selga and Bonifacio Campuses for Higher Education and the Bajada campus for the Basic Education. There are thirty (30) college programs, sixteen (16) graduate programs, and four (4) post-graduate programs. The Basic Education which is aligned with K to 12 starts with the Pre-School Program for the young’s growth and holistic development, the Grade School program is anchored on CARES (Commitment to Academic Resources Enhancement and Service), and the Junior and Senior High School program Leads and Shapes young people to higher goals and a wisely chosen College course.
Granted University Status in 1992, the University of the Immaculate Conception has remained steadfast in its mission to provide Christian and transformative quality Ignacian Marian education relevant to the demands of the time able to produce the ideal RVM Ignacian Marian graduates who are responsible global citizens imbued with profound faith in God, inspired by the spirituality of humble service, committed to a continuous search for excellence; and achieve its vision of a transformed society where persons live their dignity as children of God enjoying the fullness of life in Jesus Christ.
Existing now for over a hundred years, UIC is recognized as one of the leading universities in Davao City, Philippines. Taking on the challenge to lead in Humanities, Science, and Technology in a globalized society, UIC is moving towards ASEAN Integration, Internationalization, and Innovation as its contribution to transformative education geared towards continuous excellence and lifelong learning with a purpose.
WHY CHOOSE University of the Immaculate Conception (UIC)?
The central focus of the University of the Immaculate Conception (UIC) is on quality education, research and community service that enhance not only local but international collaborations and partnerships, support and encourage the mobility of students and researchers to ultimately produce graduates who are responsible global citizens. It also offers a full array of services to ensure the health, safety, and success of its students. UIC has well-maintained and modern facilities.
- More than 110 years of transformative quality Catholic Ignacian Marian education towards service for the common good
- Autonomous Status Granted by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Management System (Certificate No. 01100173766)
- Associate Member of ASEAN University Network-Quality Assurance (AUN_QA)
- Accreditation Status Granted by the Federation of Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines (FAAP) - PAASCU
- Institutional Accreditation
- Level IV Accreditation Status (highest level) for Business Administration, Liberal Arts, Secondary Teacher Education, and Elementary Teacher Education
- Level III Accreditation Status (highest level) for Elementary and Secondary Education
- Level II and I Accredited Status for 15 Higher Education Programs
- Center of Development (COD) for Business Administration, Information Technology, and Teacher Education
- Accredited by the Philippine Bureau of Immigration to accept foreign students
- Pioneering School in Mindanao to offer Pharmacy (1948) / MS Pharmacy (2001)/PhD Pharmacy (2017), Music (1953), Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science (1962), Nutrition and Dietetics (1978), Computer Engineering (1988)
- Offers 5-year B.S. Pharmacy major in Clinical Pharmacy curriculum approved by the US-National Association Board of Pharmacy (NABP)/FPGEC
- Has been producing topnotchers in the following licensure examinations: Pharmacy, Medical Technology, Nutrition and Dietetics, and Teacher Education.
- Top 1 Performing School in the Philippines: Pharmacy (1996, 1997, 1998, 2013) and Medical Laboratory Science (2014); Top 4 Performing Medical Laboratory Science School in the Philippines (2017)
- Undertakes Collaborative Researches with Clients and Government Funding Agencies (CHED, DOST, PCHRD, PCIEERD, RHRDC, PITAC, etc.)
- Equipped with various Centers to provide service to the students and the external community:
- Professional Regulation Commission ( PRC) accredited Center for Continuing Studies and Professional Development
- DENR and DOH recognized Science Resource Center for agricultural, biological, chemical and pharmaceutical analytical services
- DOH and CHED-accredited Clinical Laboratory and Training Center for Medical Technology Interns’ Training in Clinical Laboratory Analytical Skills
- PALAS–Accredited and BAI Certified Animal House for Biological Assays of Investigational New Drugs
- Information Technology Development and Incubation Facility with CHED grant
- Information Technology Resource Center
- Research, Publication, and Innovation Center with Research Ethics Committee PHRED Level II Accredited
- Mother Ignacia Center for Career Development for TESDA –accredited Training and Assessment on Technical Vocational Qualifications
- Offers CISCO Networking Academy Program
- Provides International Internship – Pre-Service Student Teacher Exchange in Southeast Asia; Work and Travel Program in the USA; Partner-International Universities
- Student Exchange Program in partnership with UMAP and Partner – International Universities
- Assure you of a strong educational foundation that brings life-long learning skills, competencies and Ignacian value-laden spirituality through our articulated RVM Pedagogy, a way in which UIC teachers journey with the learners towards their integral development and growth as responsible and productive global citizens
- Develop competencies among students to be at par with international standards through our program innovations that are responsive to internationalization
- Ensure continuous enhancement of our curricula through internationalized adult mechanisms using international standards
- Provide research-oriented curricula through scientific explorations and concrete actions to various environmental problems and gaps
- Offer well-balanced curricular and co-curricular programs for the holistic development of students and faculty