University of the Philippines Diliman (UP Diliman, UP) Requirements

Vidal A. Tan Hall, Velasquez Street, Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila
PHP 3,800 to 51,000


  • Does this mean I will spend two more years in High School?

    Yes. But these two additional years will equip you with skills that will better prepare you for the future, whether it be; Kolehiyo, Trabaho or Negosyo!





    • Senior high school student expecting to graduate in 2018 from a DepEd-accredited high school or an accredited secondary school abroad; OR
    • Graduate of a DepEd- accredited high school or accredited secondary school abroad; OR
    • PEPT Certified Eligible for college; AND
    • With final grades for three (3) high school years preceding the year of graduation; AND
    • Must not have taken any college subject/s prior to taking the UPCAT; and
    • Must not have taken the UPCAT previously.

    • Completed at least thirty-three (33) academic units
    • General Weighted Average (GWA)
    • Pass the minimum GWA requirement of the University of 2.00 in all academic units taken
    • Pass other admission requirements prescribed for each degree program (e.g. interview, aptitude test, talent test, or written or oral examination)
    • Meet the quota of the program at the time of application. All applicants who will meet the quota shall be ranked according to the criteria set by the admitting program and the cut-off shall be determined by the college/unit.
    • Transferees must complete not less than 50% of the units required to graduate in their new programs. Furthermore, all upper division courses required in the program shall be taken in the University.
    • The admitting unit/college sends to the Office of the University Registrar (OUR) the list of applicants qualified for admission for a particular year. The OUR issues the University Admission Slips (UP Form 4) to qualified applicants.


    1. Applicants must be a graduate from DepEd-accredited high school. They will be assessed based on their performance on the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT) and their weighted average in their first three years in high school.
    2. Applicants who passed the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) Certificate, instead of a high school diploma, may be admitted to the University provided they qualify in the UPCAT
    3. Those who graduated from high schools abroad and who are not enrolled yet in college may enroll to available slots without taking the UPCAT, but they need to meet the following requirements (594th EC Meeting: 27 April 1996 p.122);
    4. Complete high school program in the country where they had their education (933rd BOR Meeting: 30 October 1980)
    5. Pass a college-qualifying national or international foreign-administered examination such as the General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination or the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or equivalent examination (965th BOR Meeting: 23 February 1984) with the following minimum scores:
    6. GCE: three (3) ordinary level passes and two (2) advanced level passes
    7. SAT: minimum total score of 1200 (for Math and Critical Reading only)
    8. IBE: International Baccalaureate Diploma; and
    9. For applicants whose native language or whose medium of instruction in the secondary school is not English, they must accomplish a score of at least 500 in the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) , or at least 173 in the computerized form, or at least sixty-one (61) in Internet-Based Test [IBT];
    10. Submit official requirements and forms upon entry
    11. A Filipino student who graduates from a secondary school abroad and wishes to apply for freshmen admission must submit the same requirements as those for foreign students
    1.  Students who want to transfer to UP must qualify with the general requirements for transferees. Below is a list of possible causes for enrollment disapproval for transferee students.
    • Permanent disqualification from a university. Disqualified UP students, on the other hand, may enroll in other programs outside University of the Philippines
    • Dismissal with a cause
    • Falsification of documents/trance credentials/documents
    • Dishonesty or any form of misconduct

    Deadline of application:
    June 20

    From other UP Constituent Universities:
    UP Constituent University students who have completed at least 30 units may be admitted as transfer students provided they qualify to the rules of university admission guidelines. Cross-enrolled in UP will not be included in meeting the 30-unit requirement.

    From other universities:
    Students from other universities who want to transfer to UP shall satisfy all requirements of the University and that of the institution they want to transfer. Application for transferees shall only be during the first semester.

Join thousands of students who trust us

Over 350 schools waiting for you. Apply now — it's free