Graduates of accredited high schools may be admitted as freshmen into the University of the Philippines on the following bases:
- their performance in the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT)
- their weighted average in the first three years of high school
- their choice of UP campus and the quotas for specific degree programs/colleges set by the University.
Holders of the Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT) certificates in lieu of high school diploma may be admitted to the University as new freshmen provided they pass the UPCAT.
Freshmen UPCAT Qualifiers
- Original copy of High School card (Form 138) duly signed by the Principal and bearing the remark: "Graduated and Eligible for Admission to College"
- Secondary Permanent Record (Form 137) with remarks "Graduated and Eligible for Admission to College" and "Copy for UP Visayas" (Official request can be downloaded at http://crs.upv.edu.ph)
- Original Certificate of Live Birth issued by NSO
- Two identical 2x2 colored pictures with name and signature at the back. Scanned photos are not acceptable
- Medical Certificate issued by the UPV Health Services Unit
- Student Directory to be signed by the student at the OUR
- (For qualifiers with SBP requirement only) Certificate of Attendance/Completion (for Math), Certification with Conforme (for English), and both certificates (for Math and English)
- UPV Form C2 (Bracket-Certification) and photocopy of Income Tax Return for the latest previous year for those who have a gross annual family income of P 500,001 - P1,000,000.00. A photocopy of parents' Income Tax Return for the latest previous year is required for those who have a gross annual family income of more than P1,000,000.00. Present original ITR for verification.
Every new transfer applicant should submit the following at least one month prior to registration:
Deadline for submission of application:
- Sccomplished application form (UP Form 3.1)
- Official copy of grades from each college attended signed by the Registrar or his/her authorized representative; or Official Transcript of Records (containing complete grades) with remarks "for evaluation purposes only" (1 original & 2 photocopies)
- Non-refundable application fee of P100.00 to the UPV cash Office
- Official Transcript of Records - for NT, ND, & SD only
- Certificate of Transfer Credentials or Honorable Dismissal - for NT, ND, & SD only
- Medical Certificate from UP Health Services Unit
- NSO Copy of Birth Certificate
- NSO Copy of Marriage Contract (for married female applicants only)
- 2 pcs. 2x2 or passport-sized photographs
- Student Directory Form
The last working day of April
- Bachelor's degree or its academic equivalent from any institution recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
- Take and pass the entrance examination, except those applicants seeking admission to programs which do not require one. This examination may be directly administered by the academic unit concerned or by the Graduate Program Office.
- The Dean of the concerned degree-granting unit shall act upon the admission of applicants upon the recommendation of the unit's Admissions Committee.
- possession of bachelor's degree or master's degree or equivalent degree or title from the University or from other recognized institutions of higher learning
- satisfactory evidence of scholarship and quality of academic work as indicated by previous preparation
- fulfillment of any special requirements for the major field that is chosen by the student
- intellectual ability
- demonstrated capability in research.