Zamboanga City State Polytechnic College (ZCSPC)
is a state college that started out as a trade school
in 1905. Founded by American teachers, the school initially provided shop classes, drawing classes, and similar industrial courses. In 1912, this small school sharing space with the Zamboanga East Central School
was relocated to a new area and was renamed to Zamboanga Trade School
, which offered primary and secondary education programs. When the Municipality of Zamboanga became a city in 1936, the school name subsequently changed to Zamboanga City Trade School. Then, in 1954, through R.A. No. 846
, the trade school became a regional school, the Zamboanga City Regional School of Arts and Trades
. With this republic act came the program offering of a two-year Trade Technical Education.