Do I need a visa to study in Argentina? How do I get it?
If you’re a Philippine passport-holder, you may need to obtain a student visa. The process is as follows:
- Secure an offer to your chosen university and pay for your first semester of university (this must be done before you can be approved for your permit).
- Complete any online application forms
- Gather all necessary documents
- Submit documents and application forms to embassy
Please note that the letter of acceptance or letter of admission from the university you wish to enter for your intended course of study is a necessary requirement under the eligibility criteria for an Italian student visa. For the full list of details, please refer to the Argentine embassy website or contact the Argentina embassy in Manila.
How do I choose a school in Argentina?
There are an endless array of schools and programs available to Filipino students looking to pursue their studies in the dynamic and colorful country of India. After deciding (1) What your career goals are and (2) What academic programs can help you achieve those goals, it's time to do some research on which school is best for you! There are schools in Italy that are looking for Filipino students just like you! Explore them here
What are the requirements for studying at a school in the ‘country’?
Generally, schools in Argentina request the ff:
- A good knowledge of Spanish and a proven ability to communicate in that language
- Those undertaking study in Argentina for more than 90 days will require a student visa.
- To gain a student visa, students will enter the country as tourists and upgrade to a student visa once in Argentina
- Passport (which must be valid for at least six months beyond the end of your studies),
- Letter showing proof of enrolment (provided by your university once you arrive)
Why should I study in Argentina?
Argentina is blooming with new art, museum and culture scenes so it’s no surprise that the capital of Argentina, Buenos Aires, is nicknamed the “Paris of South America”. Shopping in Argentina is also a unique experience, with shops lined up with vintage local goods. The nightlife is no exception, being comparable to Paris, Madrid and even New York. Argentina also has a high english language proficiency index, so communicating with the locals should be no problem.
Are there scholarships in Argentina? How can I finance my studies?
Visit the Edukasyon profiles of the schools you are interested in to check if they are offering any scholarships.
There are also some international student loans available from different loan giving bodies. University representatives usually work in tandem with their financial aid department that focuses on helping students find options to finance their education. Explore our partner schools here
, and click "Send Inquiry" to get connected with your university representative.
What are the required languages for studying in Argentina?
Argentina has a high English language proficiency, while there are also courses specifically taught in English. We still highly advise students to master at least a basic understanding of the Spanish-Argentine language.
If you’re worried about your English language proficiency, check out our partner language centers
that can help you improve your skills!