1 Bachelor’s degree
A bachelor’s degree, or proof of being in the process of completing your degree. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must be closely related to your MSc programme of choice.
A. Your original academic degree(s)
If the degree is in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch, a certified translation is also required
Or in case you did not yet graduate:
B. A certified statement from your university confirming the type of degree you will obtain and when you are expected to graduate.
2. CGPA and academic transcript
To be considered for admission, applicants should have a bachelor's Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined for the country in which you obtained your bachelor’s degree. In addition, scores for key subjects must be good. Please check below if for your country a specific requirement applies.
A 4-year bachelor’s degree from a prestigious university with a final cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 7.5/10 or better. Prestigious universities are Asian Institute of Management Ateneo de Manila University, De La Salle University, University of Santo Tomas, University of the Philippines (Diliman).’
A copy of your official academic transcript(s), front and back, in the original language.If the degree is in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch, a certified translation is also required. Note: if you are in the last year of your undergraduate studies, please upload a copy of your provisional transcript. If the transcript is in a language other than English, French, German or Dutch, a certified translation is also required.
3 Language requirements
All TU Delft MSc-programmes are taught in English. In order to be considered for an MSc-programme, you have to prove that your English is at a sufficient level.
One of the following certificates:
- A TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-based Test) with an overall band score of at least 90 and a minimum score of 21 for each section.
- An IELTS (academic version) with an overall Band score of at least 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 for each section.
- A Cambridge Assessment English. Only the following are accepted:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) with an overall score of 176 and a minimum of 169 for each section.
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) with an overall score of 180 and a minimum of 169 for each section
The following English language certificates are accepted:
- TOEFL iBT
- When registering for the test, indicate TU Delft’s institutional code, 0031. If you have already taken the test and did not indicate TU Delft’s institutional code, then check the test organization’s website on how to provide TU Delft access to your scores.
- IELTS (academic version)
- Cambridge Assessment English
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English)
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English)
Certificates older than two years are not be accepted.
Instead of your English language certificate, you may also upload a screen print from the test organization’s website with your test results. Your name and date of your test must be clearly visible in the screenshot.
4. Motivation letter
A clear and relevant essay in English (1,000 – 1,500 words) addressing the following:
5. Curriculum Vitae
- Your motivation for choosing this MSc programme.
- Why you are interested in TU Delft and what you expect to find here
- If this MSc programme has the specialization (s), which specialization interests you the most and why?
- Describe your hypothetical thesis project: what kind of project would you prefer? What would you want to explore? Please limit your answer to three possible topics.
- Summarize in a maximum of 250 words your thesis work or final assignment/project. Please include information about the workload.
An extensive curriculum vitae (resume) written in English.
6. Proof of Identity
A photocopy of all pages of your passport.
The Dutch Immigration Office (IND) requires all Non-EU/EFTA nationals applying for a visa/residence permit to have a passport valid for 6 months after the start of their studies. Please see our Dates and Deadlines page for more information about when each semester begins.
7 Payment application fee
All applicants are required to pay a € 120 application fee. The application fee is only refunded to students who start their MSc programme in Delft.
You will be informed about the payment method in your online application.
Applicants for the following MSc programmes are required to take the GRE revised General Test and upload their results in TU Delft’s application portal.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science
- Embedded Systems
- Computer Engineering
When registering for the test:
- Indicate TU Delft’s institutional code 3823.
- For 'school type' select 'graduate schools’.
- For 'department' select ‘any other department not listed'.
Your GRE test scores are an important part of your application and you should strive to submit the best possible scores. We do not set minimum GRE scores but do look for applicants who attain a minimum score of 154 for Verbal Reasoning, 163 for Quantitative Reasoning, and 4.0 for Analytical Writing. We reserve the right to reject applicants who do not have these scores.
Two reference letters in either English, French, German or Dutch.
These letters must be:
- from either a previous professor or assistant professor. If you have work experience, one of these letters may be from your employer.
- written on the official letterhead and/or have the official stamp of the university or company.
- signed by the referee and include your complete name.