Waseda University Requirements

1-6-1 Nishi-Waseda, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 169-8050, Japan
USD 11,000 to 18,000 (Per Year)


  • Does this mean I will spend two more years in High School?

    Yes. But these two additional years will equip you with skills that will better prepare you for the future, whether it be; Kolehiyo, Trabaho or Negosyo!

  • Submission of a standardized test or University Qualification Examination

    Applicants must submit some form of standardized test score or University Qualification Examination as part of their application.  Acceptable standardized test or University Qualification Examinations are as follows:  SAT, ACT, IBDP, and GCE, etc..  Please note that each program's requirements (e.g. required subjects/number of subjects) for these standardized tests are different, so make sure to look over the guideline of the program you are interested in carefully.

    If you are unable to submit any of the above listed examinations, please contact the program you are interested in us as soon as possible to check what other examinations will be acceptable.  Please note that in the case that you cannot submit an SAT, ACT, IBDP, or GCE score, you may be required to submit an English Proficiency Test score (TOEFL-iBT, IELTS).

  • Applicants must have (or will) complete at least a 12-year education system

    If for some reason you will not/did not complete a 12-year education system, please e-mail us and provide us with your academic background (starting from elementary school) and birthday. As well as why you either could not or did not complete a 12-year education.

  • Application Form

    Please go to our online applciation website to create an account and start an online application form.  Once completed, you need to print the form out and send it to the program you are applying to.

  • Recommendation Letter

    Submit a recommendation letter written by a teacher or counselor from the school you are attending. The required number of recommendation letters to be submitted is different for each program, so please check each program's Application Guidelines carefully.  Please note that SILS and JCulP does not require applicants to submit recommendation letters.

  • Academic Transcript

    Please submit academic transcripts from all schools you attended from Grade 10 onwards.  However, please be aware that this is highly dependent on the educational system you will be graduating from.  If you have any questions about this, please contact the program you are planning to apply for.

  • Essay

    Each program's essay topic is different.  Please make sure to read the Application Guidelines for the program you are interested in carefully.

  • Personal Identification

    Applicants must submit a copy of their passport or any identification documents that displays their name in alphabet, katakana, or Chinese characters.

  • Certificate of (expected) Graduation

    Must submit a Certificate of Graduation if you have graduated or a Certificate of Expected Graduation if you are still a high school student at time of application.

  • Documents for Certificate of Eligibility (Student Visa)

    International students admitted to Waseda University without an appropriate permission for residence in Japan can apply for a “College Student” visa.  First, accepted students receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from Waseda, which you will submit with other documents to the Japanese Embassy or Consulate General in your home country to get a visa on your passport. Then you will present the visa and COE to the immigration inspector upon arriving in Japan to enter the country as a resident with “College Student” status.

Join thousands of students who trust us

Over 350 schools waiting for you. Apply now — it's free