- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
The BS in Psychology program is designed to provide students with a broad foundation of psychological concepts and principles that will prepare them as psychometricians, behavioural scientists, teachers, and practitioners in psychology. Graduates of this course are also qualified to enter medicine proper.
The program provides opportunities for students to develop meaningful values and behaviors that lead to an enriched quality of human life, be aware of their social responsibility in applying their psychological knowledge to confront, influence, and redesign themselves and their environment towards positive and creative transformations, and explore traditional and visionary ways of effective behavior in a world of rapid changes.
Entrepreneurship is also integrated in the course to provide students entrepreneurial skills to put up their own business.
- Demonstrate literacy in the application of the major psychological theories and concepts in personal and professional life;
- Apply the methods of psychological inquiries and develop lifelong learning towards building knowledge on local culture and context;
- Utitlize psychological theories and methods in personal and professional settings;
- Administer and interpret psychological test results, analyze cases and identify appropriate action and intervention in various settings;
- Value professional and ethical behavior in research and practice;
- Construct and develop questionnaire items for purposes of psychological assessment and research; and
- Enhance self-reflection to develop empathic and effective communication that promotes harmonious interpersonal relationship.
Curriculum Map: BS Psychology Curriculum Map
For inquiries, you may contact:
Dr. Julieta Z. Dungca
Dean, School of Science and Technology
3rd Flr. Dentistry-Science Building
Centro Escolar University
9 Mendiola St.,
San Miguel, Manila
(+63)2 735-6861 to 71 loc. 212